Wednesday, January 31, 2018

BFF’s

“Unfriendly people care only about themselves; they lash out at common sense.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭18:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/pro.18.1.nlt

I read a startling revelation tonight. In 1984 the average adult had four close friends. In 2014 that average dropped to zero! Most adults can not name one close friend. They say in that same article you are the average of the five people you hang out with the most. My number one FRIEND is my lovely wife. If I can become the person she is, I will be a great man. I have some really great friends in my CMA family. A few of my coworkers could be counted as close friends. Beyond a very small group of close friends, my list is full of people I love but I am not sure I could claim them as close friends. Even with my close friends, our relationship is different. ALL of us have such busy schedules. My friends work hard in ministry. We work hard at our jobs and we love to spend time with our families. We don't have to spend every waking moment with our close friends to remain close. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my close friends will be there for me if I need them and I would give anything to help them. THAT IS TRUE FRIENDSHIP.

My life has been filled with a multitude of close friends. The Lord has truly blessed me with great partners in ministry and a few great coworkers that I love dearly. My friends are great witnesses to the love JESUS has for me. I believe they were sent to me by the Lord and I Praise God for these blessings. Life is better when it is shared with others!

No comments: