Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Your inheritance!

“I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:18‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/eph.1.18.nlt




I'm working on a bible study of the book of Ephesians by J.D. Greear. He pointed out something in this verse I've never noticed. We / I am the glorious "inheritance" 0f God. How special is that? Did you know tha God values you more than anything else?

I'm not sure my kids will ever have a wonderful inheritance. Steph and I don't have any hidden wealth to pass down. All we have are some sentimental momento's. Our kids will treasure those things we leave them like I treasure the little things I have inherited. I have a Bible from my grandfather and Steph has a special cake plate left to her by her grandma. We value these trinkets for their meaning and not their financial value. But, to God, we are the best inheritance he could ever have. Isn't that strange? God can have anything . How can you give him something when he already has everything? Ah But, God doesn't have everything. The one thing he hopes to have, the one thing that could make his eternal life complete, is to have YOU as his inheritance. There is no guarantee but he dreams of having YOU as his inheritance. He values us more than gold, silver, and any other riches. You are his greatest prize. Praise God he loves us so much.

My hope is in the constant, eternal love of my Heavenly Father. It is humbling to know he cares so much that WE are his treasure. Praise God we are his! 

No comments: