Friday, January 27, 2017

Less stuff!

“And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭9:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/2co.9.8.niv

I have everything I need.

Can you say that?

I can truly say I have been blessed abundantly. Sure some of those blessings are "things" of life. I  really have way more than I really need. In actuality, as Stephanie and I near retirement, we are preparing for a major downsize. If you've ever seen the tiny house revolution, we are heading that way. We want to become full time RVers. Even being able to think about it is a blessing. People look at us like we are crazy. Simplifying my life is a serious goal. Focusing on God instead of wealth, materialism, and me, that is my goal.

These verses don't mean "If I'm good enough God will give me all I want!" It's through our blessings that we serve others, not ourselves. Downsizing doesn't make me a better Christian. If in abundance or without, I serve others, then I will be blessed. The more I enjoy serving the less I want and the more satisfied I am. As my focus turns to others, the more I start to see the true blessings beyond the "stuff" of my life.

God has always provided everything I need. He has blessed me through a grace I will never truly understand. The more I am blessed the more I want to share my blessings with others. Praise God from whom all blessings  flow.

No comments: