Thursday, January 5, 2017

Resolve to eliminate hostility!

“For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us. He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations. He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups. Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death on the cross, and our hostility toward each other was put to death.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:14-16‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/eph.2.14-16.nlt

I am appalled by the video released showing the torture of a man just outside of Chicago. We are on a path that needs to end. If we can't live in peace within our own country where we share a common heritage and share the same ideals and dreams, how can we expect peace to thrive on this planet. 

We have to put and end to it now!

If Christ can bring the Jews and gentiles together, he can bring demorcats and republicans together, black and white, rich and poor, Muslim and Christian. He can bring us all together. 

How will it start?

You. You are the key. I just listened to a wonderful message from Trey Gowdy. One key point, "who has ever been convinced to change their views because of and insult." Can I ridicule you into following Christ? Can I make a liberal conservative by calling them names? Of course not! We have to stop the HOSTILITY! Make this your New Years Resolution! Do it on social media. How about resolving to not post anything hostile on facebook? How about committing to being a positive role model, lifting up people. I know it will be hard! I will be tempted to post that sarcastic post or that political slam. I'm not out to agree with everything you say. I'm still going to share my views. But will you join me in lifting up people and not all the hostility? As far as I am in control, I pledge to be positive with my life in as many ways as possible. I will love my neighbor as myself.

Please Lord help us. Do we remember that when all else fails? Love is the answer! Remind me Lord!

No comments: