Friday, January 20, 2017

Pledge: Stop debating on Social Media

“Jesus traveled through all the towns and villages of that area, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed every kind of disease and illness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭9:35-36‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/mat.9.35-36.nlt

I'm addicted to social media. I love politics and news, I can't get enough. But, in 2017, I have pledged to stop debating people on social media. So far so good. I have compassion for people. My only desire is they know Jesus. How can I tell them about Jesus if we have a political barrier between us? I will never be able to force someone to change their minds. My only hope is to show, by example, the love of Jesus. 

Stop debating and arguing about "stuff" on social media. Use that tool to show God's love. If it is not uplifting and supportive, don't post it. I have passed up multiple opportunities to continue the rhetoric from the election. I haven't changed my views, I'm just not going to build a wall between me and those that I disagree with. Show compassion, work to serve, love, and honor others, just like Jesus!

No comments: