Friday, August 5, 2016

Not asking much

““The purpose of my covenant with the Levites was to bring life and peace, and that is what I gave them. This required reverence from them, and they greatly revered me and stood in awe of my name. They passed on to the people the truth of the instructions they received from me. They did not lie or cheat; they walked with me, living good and righteous lives, and they turned many from lives of sin.”
Malachi 2:5-6 NLT. http://bible.com/116/mal.2.5-6.nlt

God does not demand much. I know, most of us grew up looking at God as the God of rules. I built a pretty good "thou shalt not.... " list that made me feel I was living life as if walking through a minefield. Around every corner, of my early life, I felt temptations and challenge to my safe, peace, and grace filled world. This first week of school is filled with listing rules and expectations. By the end of this week most students get the impression school is just about the rules. Hopefully we can change that opinion over the next 177 days of school.

All God wants from us is for us to treat him with reverence, do not lie or cheat, and to live quiet peaceful lives. The idea of walking with the creator of the universe is an amazing concept. But, that is exactly what he invites us to do. It should speak volumes about our God. He is about building a quiet, peaceful relationship. He just wants to be with us and love us throughout eternity. 

Praise God he loves me!

No comments: