Saturday, August 13, 2016

I just don't understand!

“Just as you cannot understand the path of the wind or the mystery of a tiny baby growing in its mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the activity of God, who does all things. Plant your seed in the morning and keep busy all afternoon, for you don’t know if profit will come from one activity or another—or maybe both.”
Ecclesiastes 11:5-6 NLT
http://bible.com/116/ecc.11.5-6.nlt

Sometimes I just don't get it. My daughter moved back to Indiana over 4 months ago. Since that time her family of 6, two dogs, a fish, and a now deceased hamster has shared our home. They are more than ready to get back to living on their own. They can't do anything until their house in Missouri sells. There in lies our frustration. We have fervently prayed over this simple request. Why Lord? Why won't God answer this request? 

A friends grandson is down at Riley, suffering from an unknown illness. We have prayed for wisdom for the medical team. We have prayed for healing. We have prayed non stop to the Lord. No answer. Why?

A colleague's son suffered a severe brain trauma  few weeks ago. He has been on the road to recovery with the miraculous hand of God. People have been in prayer for him as well. Today he has surgery. We will be in prayer throughout the day. Why does this family have to go through this ordeal?

I have seen the power of God through all parts of my life. I trust in the Lord even though I don't always understand him. I know he is working even when I don't see it. I admit I get frustrated, but that does not mean I don't trust him. I do. My Lord is great and powerful. He loves me and knows what's best for me. I will continue to plead and pray, but I pray for God's will more than anything. 

I love you Lord. I trust you! I am honored that you are with me through every moment of this wonderful life you have given. Amen!


No comments: