Wednesday, August 3, 2016

What do I get out of this? -- School Begins!!!!!!

“Some people work wisely with knowledge and skill, then must leave the fruit of their efforts to someone who hasn’t worked for it. This, too, is meaningless, a great tragedy. So what do people get in this life for all their hard work and anxiety? Their days of labor are filled with pain and grief; even at night their minds cannot rest. It is all meaningless.”
Ecclesiastes 2:21-23 NLT. http://bible.com/116/ecc.2.21-23.nlt

I could not sleep last night. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not sick, suffering, or in pain. I'm excited to get another school year going. Some might look at this as madness. Not so! I can answer the question, "what do people get in this life for all their hard work and anxiety?" 

Joy

Yes, I get pure , God filled, joy from my work. I can't express how much I really love going to GHS every single day! I am losing sleep tonight because I am excited to start another wonderful year at Garrett High School as a teacher.  I work along side an amazing group of educators. They are all hard working professionals. I can't count the number of hours we worked this summer to get ready for this moment. We are family. We pray together, cry together, laugh together, fight each other, protect each other, and push each other to be better educators. Life at GKB is wonderful and completely rewarding. I DO NOT dread going to school. The media portrays teachers as hating what they do. Well, that is not GKB. Praise God for this community, our school, it's teachers and support staff. What we do has great meaning! What we do impacts the lives of young people, our communities, and ultimately the world!

Dear Lord, Please guide our teaching staff this year. Give us the wisdom to deal with the mountains and the valleys of life. We have several students battling with critical medical issues. Be with them and their families. We also have students that deal with so many barriers every day. Barriers that keep them from being their best. Give us patience and wisdom in building relationships with all the students we serve. Be with our administration as they plan, support, and direct the path of our students and staff. Be with all the support workers, they are the unsung heroes that work tirelessly behind the scenes.  Help us to remember, every moment, that we are your voice and your hands in this world at school, at home, and in our community. WE need your Holy Spirit to direct our steps every single day. We love you! We honor you! We praise your holy name! Amen!

No comments: