Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Need to know?

“In my search for wisdom and in my observation of people’s burdens here on earth, I discovered that there is ceaseless activity, day and night. I realized that no one can discover everything God is doing under the sun. Not even the wisest people discover everything, no matter what they claim.”
Ecclesiastes 8:16-17 NLT
http://bible.com/116/ecc.8.16-17.nlt

What is God up to? I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. This world is crazy. Our country is changing. We have huge racial issues. We can't even agree that all lives matter. Law enforcement are chastised for keeping the peace and the political divides continue to grow. Yet, I know God is still in control. 

We just don't have the wisdom of God. 

Our eyes are not sharp enough, our ears not sensitive enough, our minds not smart enough to know, see, or hear the plans of our Heavenly Father. 

Faith!

We must have faith. If we, as children of God, are in the center of his will, we will be protected from the craziness. We will be led on the path through to eternity. It is not necessary to know the will of God. We don't need to know his thoughts or his plan. It is only important to follow the promptings of his spirit. I have prayed many times to know his will or have it revealed to me. It's the wrong prayer! I should be more concerned about being in his spirit, being open to the guiding of the Holy Spirit, than  actually knowing his will. We can not know the will of God completely. We must be open to the speaking of the spirit for direction and guidance. We should always leave the details of the plans to the God who created all things.


No comments: