Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Simply: Learn it and live it!

“Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. (Joshua 1:7, 8 NIV)

I was reading in my devotion about how we live in an age of information overload. I might be the poster child for that. Don't get me wrong, I love blogging, Facebook, tweeting, pinning, and countless other social media/information age tools. But, it can get overwhelming to the point of paralysis. Really, life was meant to be simple. My devotion pointed to this verse as providing the simple solution. First, never stop reading the Bible and day/night think about what it says. I think that's pretty simple, sound advice. 

God has provided this wonderful tool for our everyday lives. We need to learn it and live it if we are to be prosperous and successful. There is no other way! Read, study, pray, meditate, and practice the Bible every day from sun up to sun down!

No comments: