Thursday, May 9, 2013

Let me lead!

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ” (Matthew 4:4 NIV)

I'm starting a short 7day devotional about leadership, so I thought I would share it with you.

I read a lot. I enjoy the newspaper, social media, fiction, and educational journals.  I also love studying the word of God. Which do I incorporate in my daily life? Sadly, I read the Bible , mostly out of obligation. I'm supposed to read it. The Bible is so critical to our spiritual health. We need to focus on reading, studying, and applying every word. To lead at school, I have to be armed with the best knowledge I can. Some may come from textbooks or other reading. But real knowledge is through the power and truth of God. Jesus set the example for humble leadership. 

God help me lead my family, students, coworkers, and friends to a relationship with you. May I be an example of thoughtful leadership that is centered around your love and grace. Help me to set the example, lead as you would have me lead and love as you want me to love. amen. 

No comments: