Friday, May 10, 2013

Many people come and go in your life

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. (John 15:1 NIV)

My life has been filled with so many wonderful people. Tonight I got to spend an evening chatting with a couple people I consider dear friends. We worked together very closely over the past 10 years and now have moved on. Oh how fun it was talking and sharing  old times with them. I will cherish our friendship forever even though we rarely will see each other. I have had others in my life that have also come and gone. We were close, but don't get to see each other anymore, for one reason or another. Our lives just headed in a different direction.

It brings some sadness, but mostly joy when I think about my close friends of the  past.  I really believe it is all in Gods plan. He brings people in and out of our lives on purpose. They significantly impact who we are. They define us. He also sent his son to change us. He sent him ,not to be a flash. He sent Jesus for us permanently. He  sacrificed him on the cross that we may be forever linked, and changed.  The vine of his garden has entwined us with him and each other. We are blessed by knowing him.

No comments: