Monday, August 29, 2011

We all need Encouraged!


Romans 1

 11 I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— 12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith. 

I have been worn out and frustrated quite a bit over the last month. Being exhausted and frustrated are not a good combination. But, I am ENCOURAGED by my friends. When things aren't going well you can always tell who your real friends are. They encourage you and they jump in and help.  Without the encouragement of my wife, daughters, secretary, my CMA buddies, and some wonderful co-workers, I would be a wreck! 

These people have done wonderful things to make me stronger. They have pitched in to help. They have listened. They have encouraged me to move forward. As Christians this may be one of our highest callings. It is not always easy to live in a sinful world. It is not always easy to deal with people who do not share our own values and convictions. It is not easy to stand up for what is right. God has sent us fellow christians to help us through these times. He has sent us to encourage and to be encouraged. We all need to work together in this life. It's not a one sided transaction. It's mutual. We need to provide mutual encouragement. 

Lift someone up today. Pray for them. Listen to them. Offer a kind word. Thank them. Lend a hand. What ever it takes to help a fellow believer, do it! 

No comments: