Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble!


Psalm 149 

4 For the LORD takes delight in his people;
   he crowns the humble with victory. 

It's not popular to be humble. Our society values people who are arrogant and confident. It doesn't matter if they really know what their talking about. As long as they act like they do, people  believe them. 

In reality, the humble are the most confident people we could ever meet. They don't have to throw their power around. They don't have to have all the answers. They don't have to be right all the time and they aren't afraid to ask others opinions. What the world needs now is Humility and Humble people. I think God must know how rare it it to be humble. That's why he rewards those humble people with victory. Wouldn't it be great to have leaders who are humble. Can you think of an industry, church, school, or community that wouldn't benefit from a Humble Leader?

As the song says, "Oh Lord It`s Hard To Be Humble Lyrics

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
when you're perfect in every way.
I can't wait to look in the mirror
cause I get better loking each day.
To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man.
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
but I'm doing the best that I can.

Wow, It's hard to believe someone could write that, even for fun. We all need to be more humble. We need to serve others and do it from the humility of our savior. Oh, Lord help me be humble because I'm not perfect in anyway. 






No comments: