Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Evil Thoughts!

Psalm 139

For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
 1 You have searched me, LORD,
   and you know me. 
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
   you perceive my thoughts from afar. 
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
   you are familiar with all my ways. 
4 Before a word is on my tongue
   you, LORD, know it completely...................
...............................................................
23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
   test me and know my anxious thoughts. 
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
   and lead me in the way everlasting.

Ok, I am still struggling personally. My mind is going a hundred miles an hour and I am fighting "Evil Thoughts". Don't panic. I'm not talking REAL evil thoughts. I'm not talking about doing something stupid or committing some heinous crime. I'm talking about thoughts that Loving Christians shouldn't have. I hope I'm not the only one that's had evil thoughts. I imagine all of us have had thoughts we are not proud of. I am guilty. God knows. 

We can't hide our thoughts from God. We shouldn't even try. God knows our thoughts when we wake up and when we lie down. He knows our anxious thoughts when we wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep. He knows us. He made us. He knit us in the womb. Every fiber of our being was created by him.

So what do we do about those offensive thoughts? 

How do we get rid of them? 

We ask God to lead us in the better way. We ask him to re-direct our thoughts to him and his ways. I need to be in constant prayer for the Lord to redirect my offensive thoughts. God and I have had some long conversations. I have and will continue to talk with God about my thoughts. I don't use "Church Pew Language" or "Christianese". I don't use any "thees" or "thous". We have a conversation like I would have with my best friend. When I am so angry and I can't even speak to anyone, I always know I can "unload" on God. I share my anger. I share my frustrations.  I share my "evil thoughts". Nothing remains hidden. He's ok with that. He can handle it. He's God!

Open your heart to God, invite him to heal your heart and mind. He knows your thoughts. He knows your struggles. He will heal you. 

I expect to be healed!

No comments: