Sunday, October 7, 2018

Gimme a Break!


Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 
Matthew 11:28

We are less than a week away from our FALL BREAK. I am looking forward to the trip to Arkansas and the CMA Fall Colors Rally. While we won't be sleeping in late every day, we will get some rest and relief from life's burdens. I might be selfish but I really need this time away. The speed and fullness of the every day activities both at school, ministry, and at home, are stressful and wearisome. We ALL need to take time away. We need to find daily relief as well as long term relief.  

One of the reasons I love the CMA Colors Rally is that the pace of life slows down while there. We also can just rest with friends who share our passion for the Savior. We laugh, we pray, we relax, we fellowship and we truly get a break from the world.

Find some place, some event, some activity where you can rest and dump the burdens of life. Take time to rest. Take time to refocus on the Lord. I love that the Lord orchestrates my life and GIVES me times to do that. I praise him that he cares for me so much that he gives me peace and rest throughout my day, my week, my year, and ultimately my life.  Thank you Lord!

No comments: