Thursday, June 15, 2017

Pray for those in Authority over You!

Romans 13:1-2New Living Translation (NLT)

13 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished.

I have a boss. I love and respect my Principal, my Superintendent, and my School Board. God has placed them in authority over me.  I will support them in public. I will obey their rules, their plans, and their mission. If I have a dispute, I will keep it private and never air that in a public forum. IF we have fundamental, irreconcilable differences, I will quietly accept it unless it goes against the word of God. IF that goes against my faith, I will quietly step aside.
As a Christian, I will make sure I do the same with my Christian Leaders. I will not publicly bash my pastor or other leaders and will only deal with any dispute privately. How we deal with disputes says a lot about who we are as a Christian. We need to humbly review any and all conflicts. We need to look at ourselves. Are WE a part of the problem? How did we contribute? There are always multiple sides of every issue. BUT, when a person of authority disciplines us or makes a decision, we need to accept and support that decision even when we disagree. TO reduce those conflicts, instead of bashing those in authority, we need to be in constant prayer for our leaders. We need to pray they have wisdom and insight through any and all decisions and situations. This is true for our political leaders, work leaders, leaders of our households, and Christian leaders. 

Pray for those in authority over you.

No comments: