Friday, June 30, 2017

Let's see how inventive we can be.....

Hebrews 10:23-25The Message (MSG)

22-25 So let’s do it—full of belief, confident that we’re presentable inside and out. Let’s keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching.

Stephanie and I are on the road. Our Annual GetAway Vacation, our rest and recovery trip is in full swing. We are about 400 miles from our first destination - The Olympic Peninsula in the state of Washington. We have put over 2000 miles behind us and I am finally starting to relax. Yesterdays drive through Montana was amazing. 

These past several weeks, the last week of school and the week before vacation, have been quite successful. I wish the people in my life that have caused so much stress could read these verses. "Let's see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, spurring each other on..."

People all over this country and around the world are so wrapped up in getting the final word in, taking a stand, and voicing their opinions. Sure there is a place to do that. Our question should be at what cost?  At what cost do we stir up dissent?  At what cost do we point to another's faults (Remember to remove your plank!)?  At what cost do we sow the seeds of hate all under the guise of unity! Our world needs to be filled with people that just ask the simple question, "How can I help make your life better?" or "What can I do to encourage you with YOUR GOALS (not mine)?  How can we drop our pretense of caring when it is truly centered around our own selfish agenda or the power we crave?

Dear Lord, I pray for my enemy. I pray for those that have felt it necessary to persecute me? I need to change my own attitude toward them and ask How I can serve them? I need your help doing that. Lord I need to encourage others, lend a helping hand. I can't do that with my present attitude. Lord, Change ME from the inside out. Help me draw your love into my heart. I praise you and love you! Amen!

No comments: