Monday, June 12, 2017

Don't Seize the Day....... Forget about it!

“So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.”  2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:18‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/2co.4.18.nlt

Today started a new week and tomorrow a new day. I'm glad last week is behind me. I know it's Monday and Sunday really starts the beginning of the week. After a busy weekend, TODAY officially starts the week. I don't know what this week will bring. I'm not going to fret about it. One bad week doesn't guarantee another bad week. I don't know what will happen in the next month, year, decade or the rest of my life. It really doesn't matter. God is with me. I also know beyond ANY doubt, God has guaranteed that I will live forever in ETERNITY with him.  I look to that great future. I look forward to it even though I really don't  know how I'm going to get there. I don't know what lies in between today and my life in Eternity. I don't really care.

A great advantage to my faith is I no longer dwell in the present or the immediate future. I do not have to fret. I don't have to look at the troubles I see as permanent.   We get stuck dwelling on the past, worried about the moment, and dreading the future. Our Society says "Seize the Day". I say forget about it. In the grand scheme of my eternal life, today means nothing. The only real meaning I can give to today is in convincing others to join me in eternity. Nothing else matters. My stresses at work, failed relationships, or my foggy future will all fade away. My eternal place in Heaven is permanent. Why do I get so caught up in my daily life?  Why do I let the struggles get me down?  God is in charge. He has a perfect plan and he alone has our eternity in his hands. Nothing else matters and all else will fade away. PRAISE GOD for my FUTURE in ETERNITY!


No comments: