Tuesday, June 13, 2017

BOTH the Good and the Bad


"Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?" (Job 2:10)

Let me start by saying I love my life. God is SO GOOD. My relationship with my wonderful creator is better than it has ever been. I feel his presence in so many areas of my life. My relationship with my students is so valuable to me. I love working with them. The ministry opportunities I have through CMA just keep increasing daily. I can feel the Lord guiding me and moving me along life's path. 

I feel under attack.

I truly believe the closer I draw to the Lord, the more satan targets me and my life. In the past three weeks, I have been personally attacked on several occasions. My wife feels it and so do I. I do not share this to garner some type of sympathy or action (except your prayers!). As a matter of fact, I am very much at peace who I am as a teacher and as a leader in ministry. God knows what he is doing and my faith in him is NOT wavering.

Job had it right. We must accept the Good with the Bad. The attacks will not draw me away from the Lord. They will drive me closer to him! The attacks will not keep me from the mission of serving my students. The attacks will not keep me from serving the bikers and the lost. I love the Lord and know he can do anything and everything. His plans are perfect. I may not understand why? I don't need to. Praise God he is in control of my life!

Job 42:2-6The Message (MSG)

42 1-6 Job answered God:
“I’m convinced: You can do anything and everything.
    Nothing and no one can upset your plans.
You asked, ‘Who is this muddying the water,
    ignorantly confusing the issue, second-guessing my purposes?’
I admit it. I was the one. I babbled on about things far beyond me,
    made small talk about wonders way over my head.

No comments: