Thursday, June 8, 2017

I am a Thinker!

Ephesians 5:15-17The Message (MSG)

Wake up from your sleep,
Climb out of your coffins;
Christ will show you the light!
So watch your step. Use your head. Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times!
17 Don’t live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants.

I pride myself in being a thoughtful person. I am a Thinker. I analyze stuff! But, many times in my life that I have reacted without thinking. Along with being a thinker, I am an emotional, passionate person. I wear my feelings and my emotions for ALL to see. That's not always a great character trait. Those emotions and passions can lead me to say things I later regret. They can lead me to build barriers with those I work with or those I randomly meet on the street. If I don't use my head, If I don't think before I speak or act, I am not fulfilling the plan God has set before me.
God calls us to be thoughtful people. He calls us live life "carefully". In these end times, most people live with abandon. They live in the moment, with no consideration for the past or the future. We need to prayerfully consider our daily lives. We need to prayerfully consider our words and deeds. Every moment of every day needs to be processed through the filter of our Master, Jesus Christ. You can't do that and REACT to life's situations.

Dear Lord, Forgive me for letting my feelings, my passions, and my thoughtless actions get in the way of the path you have set before me. Help me Lord. Help me to live in a thoughtful way. Help me to use the thinking skills you have given me to be careful about my interactions with others. I Love you Lord. I praise you for the grace you have given me. I want to do nothing to hurt spreading your Gospel message to others. I can't do it on my own. I need you! Amen!

No comments: