Thursday, November 17, 2016

Feeling Old!

“Seventy years are given to us! Some even live to eighty. But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we fly away.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭90:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬.  http://bible.com/116/psa.90.10.

I have to admit the past few days I've been a little stressed. I've been sick for almost two weeks and I just can't seem to heal. I'm feeling old. I think all I have is the flu but I can't help but think I am getting near to entering the health risk category known as "the elderly".  No, I'm not 70 and really far from 80, but I've got to admit it is taking me longer to heal. I also have much less tolerance for confrontation and the stress that comes from that. My 56 years of life, 38 years of marriage, and 25 years as an educator have left me with same battle scars. Most of them have made me a better person. I'm not sure that makes them more enjoyable.

Regardless of the pain that is associated with life at work, stressful family situations, financial woes, or just bad luck, I can rest in the arms of Jesus. I heal quicker when I turn things over to my powerful God. I know who holds the answers. I think we/I stress out so much more than I need to. My God, creator of all things, has this. There is no reason to stress. There is no reason to lose sleep. I have come a long way, not by my strength or will, but by the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

I love you Lord. Thank you for taking charge of my life and the stresses I face every day. I am humbled that you care for me even through all my imperfections. Fill me with your spirit. Fill me with your love and the desire to serve only you. Amen!

No comments: