Monday, November 21, 2016

The greatest week of the year!

“Then I will praise God’s name with singing, and I will honor him with thanksgiving. For this will please the LORD more than sacrificing cattle, more than presenting a bull with its horns and hooves. The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God’s help be encouraged.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭69:30-32‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/psa.69.30-32.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Sure, I love Christmas and the celebration of the birth of Jesus. But, the holiday celebration for Christmas has been twisted so much and the true meaning of the Holiday has been lost. The is not true with the day of Thanksgiving. You have no gifts to worry about. There are no characters to overtake the true meaning, like Santa Claus,  elves, and reindeer. This wonderful Holiday with its meaning on full display by its shear name, is pure! No other holiday do we center on looking back and praising God for his bountiful year. So, today I want to start the celebration by sharing my life of thanksgiving!

Beyond God himself, My family is my greatest joy. I am embarrassed that I have been blessed with such a wonderful family. God's grace is on full display because let me assure you, I do not deserve them. It all started when God brought Stephanie and I together as two innocent teens and 38 years later the family continues to grow and God's hand is still right in the middle of it all. Three wonderful daughters, two amazing son-in-laws, eight grandkids, and a grandson-in-law fill my life with joy and excitement. I can not wait to spend time with all of them this week, except Kelley, darn it, she won't be making it back home!

My greatest joy is that my family knows and follows the Lord. We are not perfect but I am confident the hand of God is using us ALL. Praise God and Thank You Lord for thinking of me! Watch over us, guide our thoughts, our words, and our actions. Protect us from evil and bring us all to your glory that we may praise you for an eternity! Amen!

No comments: