Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thanks for this Great Adventure! Thanksgiving 2016

“They sang, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and strength belong to our God forever and ever! Amen.””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭7:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/rev.7.12.

This is Friday. Well,  it really is Tuesday, but it's our last day of school this week as we prepare for our Thanksgiving break. I am looking forward to the five days of family, food, and fun. 

Thanksgiving, thanking God for our blessings, is an important part of the Bible and should be at the center of our lives. It's not about us and what we've done, it's about the grace that God has shown us and the gifts he gives. I've already written about the gift of my family. I also need to praise him for my wonderful career. Actually my life has been blessed with multiple careers. I have worked in the cable television industry, traveling the country from Virginia to New York. I've been in education and been blessed with multiple careers as an administrator and teacher. I have served at three wonderful school corporations and with some of the best people in the world. My current assignment in the Interdisciplinary Learning Collaborative at GHS is one of my greatest blessings. God's hand has been with me. I am honored to serve where the Holy Spirit has assigned. I love working with teens and I love working with people dedicated to making the world a better place. 

I am so thankful for the path you have laid before me. Lord, you are amazing and your grace and mercy has brought me through this great adventure we call life. I love the life you have given me. It is a wonderful gift. I love you and praise you for all things . They are not by my doing, but by your power alone. Thank you Lord. Amen!

No comments: