Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election Day Prayer

“O LORD, God of my salvation, I cry out to you by day. I come to you at night. Now hear my prayer; listen to my cry. For my life is full of troubles, and death draws near.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭88:1-3‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/psa.88.1-3.nlt

I had a student yesterday say they hated our country. I don't think she knows how much she saddened me. I love this country. God, family, and country are the nearest and dearest to my heart. I have been in prayer and I will remain this way through the entire day. No, I'm not staying home from school, but I will pray continually throughout the day and night. I would hope many of you would also be devoted to continuous prayer.

Our nation needs prayer right now, more than election ads, more than campaign rhetoric, more than political parties, and more than the division that exists in our nation. Yes, I pray my mighty God directs the hands of the voters. I pray we will elect the right leaders. I pray we will rise above the divisiveness in our country to solve the real problems ahead of us. I have hope, only through prayer.

Dear Lord, you are Holy. You are mighty. You are my ONLY King and there is no one above you. Please Lord take your power and guide the hands of your servants and your enemies into one vote. Place our next President in YOUR service and the service of the people of this country. I pray the deep divides in this great country will heal. I pray the love we have for you will grow and we will listen to your commands. Keep us safe! Grow our country in a way that is pleasing to your sight. Amen!

No comments: