Sunday, July 24, 2016

I can't get no Satisfaction!!!!!!!

“This is what the LORD of Heaven’s Armies says: Look at what’s happening to you! You have planted much but harvest little. You eat but are not satisfied. You drink but are still thirsty. You put on clothes but cannot keep warm. Your wages disappear as though you were putting them in pockets filled with holes!”  Haggai 1:5-6 NLT.   http://bible.com/116/hag.1.5-6.nlt

I'n not that much of a fan of the Rolling Stones. But, the song "Satisfaction" is a great representation of our American society. As in many songs the lyrics constantly repeat, "I can't get no satisfaction
I can't get no satisfaction 'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try, I can't get no, I can't get no....." Should we be satisfied? Should there come a point where we are satisfied. Should we get to the point in our lives where we are content where God has placed us, what he has provided us, and the direction we are traveling.

God has blessed me beyond my wildest imagination. I still don't feel contentment. It seems I am never satisfied. I am sure that saddens God. He gives his people everything they need and more. We are ungrateful and we always ask for more. The worldly views of our society infect me and most Christians. God wants us to be content in his arms. God wants us to rest in peace, satisfied that he will and does provide everything we need. When I was on vacation, sitting in my chair, staring above at the beautifully MASSIVE universe, I was content. When we sit quietly and reflect on our lives, the creation around us, and the gifts we have received, we can be satisfied. Praise God! Take some time, sit quietly, don't just pray the christmas list, listen to the Lord, think about all he has done. 

Dear Lord, You are wonderful. Please forgive me that I do not realize I have all that I need. Forgive me for not being content with your gifts and many blessings. I am at peace with who I am. I am content in you. You are an amazing and powerful God. It really amazes me, Lord, that you have the power to place the stars in the sky and still take the time to be with me. I am humbled and honored! Amen!

No comments: