Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Listening to the Enemy!

11“Your ancestors refused to listen to this message. They stubbornly turned away and put their fingers in their ears to keep from hearing. 12They made their hearts as hard as stone, so they could not hear the instructions or the messages that the lord of Heaven’s Armies had sent them by his Spirit through the earlier prophets. That is why the lord of Heaven’s Armies was so angry with them. Zechariah 7:11-12

Many of you that follow me on social media know I am deeply involved in politics. One of my strongest values in life is being an informed voter. Yes, I am a strong conservative. I have never voted for a democrat for President of the United States. However, I have voted for many democrats for national, state, and local elections and I will never say I could not vote for a democrat. More important than WHO I vote for is the fact that I listen to the other side. So many of my Republican friends are plugging their ears this week and not willing to even listen to the Democrats at their convention. I have to say it was exciting. I also am about just listening. It is awesome that I have a place to go to follow the happenings, every speaker, without commentary. Three more nights. We need to listen to the "Enemy". We need to try to understand each other. We need to disagree without hatred. We need to seek places where we agree. We need to be one nation, UNDER GOD!
When we won't listen to the people we disagree with, I am fearful for this planet. I am also fearful for those that won't listen to the Lord speaking to their hearts. I pray their cold, hard, hearts will melt away and listen to the creator of the universe. God is not silent in this world. He is speaking loudly to anyone who will listen. He is sharing the recipe for peace and joy. He is sharing love, mercy, and grace. I can not fathom the patience the Lord has with our stubbornness. We need to fall on our knees and praise him at the same time we beg forgiveness for our division. Sit down in quietness and listen to the Lord. He will speak to you!!!!!

I love you Lord. I praise you Lord. Please heal our division. Bring us together as a nation. Bring us together to lift up the downtrodden, to rescue the lost, and care for the weak. We need you Lord Jesus. Amen!

No comments: