Thursday, July 21, 2016

Too Proud!

“You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. How foolish! Can’t you see that faith without good deeds is useless?”
James 2:19-20 NLT
http://bible.com/116/jas.2.19-20.nlt

The Presidential Candidate Donald Trump is a pretty proud man. In my opinion he is "over the top" proud. I have never heard a person so proud of themselves. The word humble is not in his vocabulary. I think that must be a prerequisite to run for the most powerful office in the world. He is not the only one. Hillary, Bernie, and each of the 16 or so Republican candidates spent most of this past year tooting their own horn. I just wish we could get a candidate to admit, "I have weaknesses or I make mistakes."

As Christians, we need to be careful to not be TOO PROUD! Yes, we believe in the creator of the universe. So many people can't say that. But faith is so much more than just belief. We can't just have faith without the actions and deeds that are results of that faith. Faith without works is not faith at all. We are not special within ourselves. We are only special, we are only GREAT, when Christ is living within us.  When Christ lives in us we start to realize how imperfect we are. We see our flaws because we see the perfectness of our savior. We feel the spirit of the Lord so much that we CAN'T just sit on the sidelines. We need to take action. We need to serve. We need to go out and tell the wonderful story of Jesus. We don't have time to be proud!

Dear Lord Jesus, I love you and stand before you with humility. I know I am flawed. I know I am weak. BUT, through the power of JESUS we are made perfect! Praise God for his love. Praise God that we are his! Thank you for the opportunity to serve! Amen!

No comments: