Thursday, April 26, 2012

I Can't complain about anything? REALLY?

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe (Philippians 2:14, 15 NIV84)

I sure would like to re-write the Bible sometimes. (Not really!) Maybe God meant "Do SOME THINGS without complaining or arguing.....". I can't complain about anything? Are you kidding me? REALLY?

It is so much easier to complain and argue than to be blameless and pure. It must be easier because so many people prefer complaining and arguing. People wouldn't choose to do something harder, would they?

In reality life would be SO MUCH EASIER, if people would try to be blameless and pure. If you've read this blog for any length of time, you will know that I might be the poster child for this. I am the result of an experiment to test a life of complaining and arguing vs. a life free of blame and ugliness. There has been many times in my life I just wanted to be angry. I just wanted to lash out at everyone. I have had times when it felt easier to be hateful than loving. I finally have turned a point in my life where I got tired of being angry at the world. I finally saw what I was becoming and didn't like it. So, with the help of the Spirit of the Lord, I am recovering. Like an alcoholic, I have to take it one day at a time. For the last 6 months I have been searching for the good in ALL THINGS. Do you know what I've found? It's actually easier to be happy than it is to complain. My whole body feels better. Like someone addicted to alcohol, I can easily relapse. I have to take each day one day at a time. With the Lord's help I have seen how ugliness affects me and wanted to change. I haven't been able to do it by my own power and strength. I have to deal with it every day. I have seen how others can take me right back into negativism (Not sure that's a word) With all the turmoil and unhappiness around me, I can easily join in the attack. But, for some reason, God is doing a work in me and I don't stay there long. I love the NEW attitude. I'm certainly not perfect, but I'm improving my life one step at a time. Rather, GOD IS IMPROVING MY LIFE ONE STEP AT A TIME!

Take a look at yourself. Are you Happy with who you are? Are you unhappy? Is your attitude at an all time low? Search DEEP inside? Who's in control of that? Are you letting someone else drag you down? Have you convinced yourself that life is terrible? Only YOU can let others take away your joy. Don't blame it on them. YOU HAVE CHOSEN to act and react the way you are. Do  you want to change? Pray, right now, to your Heavenly Father. He will take charge and begin a good work in you. He will transform you even within this crooked and depraved generation. When he does, you will be like the stars of the universe! Your life will truly change.

No comments: