Sunday, April 22, 2012

God is Speaking


Ephesians 6

 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 


God is speaking. Our Pastor has been preaching on Satan, Demons, and Angels. Today was Demons. It just so happens the next verse in my Daily Study was also mentioned in the Sermon, today. God is speaking.

I can't name the number of times I have received multiple messages, like this, in my life. Most people would say "What a coincidence!" I know better. God speaks all the time. If only we would listen.  It might be better for God to hit us over the head with a 2x4. We're not very good listeners when it comes to listening to the God in Heaven.  So, what is God saying to me? -- Answer: There is a battle out in this world and as a member of his Army, I need to be ready. I need to recognize the evil and do everything I can to keep people from falling deeper into it's grasp. When I get busy and forget God, (which I have done lately) I become open to the devil's schemes. The most common excuse for not spending time with God, mine and others, is "I'm too busy". I have been preparing to go back to the classroom next year while at the same time trying to get everything done for my replacement as AD. I have been deeply involved in my own professional development and have not been spending as much time with God. I have been trying to help a new CMA chapter get off the ground while fulfilling my duties as Chaplain for my Chapter. Sounds like some great excuses doesn't it. Two weeks ago the sermon main point was, "When Christians justify, Satan wins."

I've been justifying my time away from God and Satan has won. I need to get back to God. My greatest sin occurs when I neglect my relationship with God. I need to pray, read his word, and look for ways to bring people to know him.
With the Battle that's going on in this world and here in Garrett, Indiana, I can't afford to do that. Can you?

No comments: