Friday, April 13, 2012

Person of the Year


Don't grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door! (James 5:7-9 NIV)


I have worked very hard the last 6 months to change my attitude. I JOKINGLY tell my wife I'm working trying to earn "Person of the Year". I have learned several things about myself over the past several months.

1) It's not easy being positive with everyone 24 hours a day -- This is a sad statement. It shouldn't be that hard for a man who lose the Lord.

2) I feel better physically when I'm being positive -- People are going to think I'm crazy. But, being a diabetic and over weight, I have noticed my health improve. I have lost weight and my blood sugar has never been better. Yes, I have also changed my diet. I am not eating as many sweets and doing portion control. I have "dieted" before and been miserable. So I think it's due to attitude more than diet change.

3) I am influencing other people -- ok, either I am looking at people differently or I am helping change their attitudes. It really doesn't matter. I am enjoying being around people a lot more and that is helping me maintain a positive attitude.

What's your attitude like? Don't think that everything has been great over the last 6 months and that's why my attitude has been better. My school has gone through some very trying times lately. I am crazy busy trying to finish out my duties as Athletic Director and get ready for going back in to the classroom. I am trying to complete 18 hours of professional development. So I do have stress. I have CHOSEN to rise above all of that. My only goal is to be as positive as I can be in all things. Try it! You might like it.

No comments: