Friday, June 3, 2011

Work, work, work

Psalm 104
23 Then people go out to their work,
   to their labor until evening.

 24 How many are your works, LORD!
   In wisdom you made them all;
   the earth is full of your creatures.
25 There is the sea, vast and spacious,
   teeming with creatures beyond number—
   living things both large and small.
26 There the ships go to and fro,
   and Leviathan, which you formed to frolic there.

Work, work, work! I am just 3 days away from the end of another school year. I am ready. I think everyone gets that way with their jobs once in a while. God has appointed us to labor all the way back to Adam and Eve. Work is work. That is my profound wisdom. if work wasn't work it would be fun! I know you Think I'm crazy. Even though I don't like my work sometimes, I do consider it a gift from God. All work is appointed by God. That's true at least for us believers. When we turn our lives over to God, that includes our work. He has put us where we are for a reason. It might be to help a coworker, to support a fellow employee. It might be to help the company. It might be to bring moral judgement to an immoral company. it might be to stand up for someones rights. Even though my purpose is not always clear, I will just have to trust my savior. He alone knows the why's and wherefores of our jobs. He created work for us. Trust him to get you through when tough times arrive!

One of my dear friends is going through uncertainty at work. I pray God will reveal his plan to her so she can relax and look forward to a brighter future! God knows what he's doing.

No comments: