Monday, June 6, 2011

God knows best!

Psalm 106
New International Version (NIV
12 Then they believed his promises
   and sang his praise.

 13 But they soon forgot what he had done
   and did not wait for his plan to unfold.
14 In the desert they gave in to their craving;
   in the wilderness they put God to the test.
15 So he gave them what they asked for,
   but sent a wasting disease among them.

How often do you pray? Ok, how often do you pray for God to do something specific for you? How often do you get whatbyou want? I have to say, more often than not I get what I want. Is that always a good thing? NO! Sometimes God gives us what we want but that's not always the best thing.

I think the hardest prayer to pray is the one asking for Gods will in our life and leaving the details upnto him. You know, he really knows best. God has a plan for our lives to prosper us in ways we could never imagine. He has blessings set aside for us that may never get realized because we want to be in charge. I need to change how I pray. I need to pray for the wisdom to do Gods will. I need to pray that my friends and family draw closer to God. If that prAyer is answered then they will have a life filled with blessings and when hardships come along, they will be able to count them as blessings from God.

Your will Lord, not my own!

No comments: