Sunday, June 5, 2011

Look at what God has done!

Psalm 105

 1 Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name;
   make known among the nations what he has done.
2 Sing to him, sing praise to him;
   tell of all his wonderful acts.
3 Glory in his holy name;
   let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
4 Look to the LORD and his strength;
   seek his face always.
 5 Remember the wonders he has done,
   his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,
6 you his servants, the descendants of Abraham,
   his chosen ones, the children of Jacob.
7 He is the LORD our God;
   his judgments are in all the earth.

I had a chance a couple of weekends ago to present a devotion to a secular motorcycle rally. These people weren't your regular church-goers. Yet, they still attended. They didn't have to come. But, because we came to the rally, I think they felt obligated. I was able to share a little about what God has done  in my life. I am reminded constantly of the wonders God has done in my life. If I could share those miracles every day, I would.

I have found there is nothing more valuable, when witnessing to someone, than your own personal experiences with God. I used to think I really had nothing to share. But, I realized that God has worked in some amazing ways in my life. I'm not sure exactly when I realized it but God has performed miracle after miracle in my 51 years of life. When you finally get to the point when you realize God's presence in your life, you need to share it with everyone. God is directly involved in your life. God is always with you. You just need to recognize it.

Lord, I praise you and praise your name for the blessings and miracles you have performed in my life. From my birth into a great family who loves you, to my adolescence, to finding my wonderful wife, the gift of 3 great daughters and now 2 son-in-laws, to great careers and jobs across the country, all of these things are wonderful gifts from you. Thank You Lord for thinking about me and guiding me through life. Amen!

No comments: