Thursday, March 26, 2020

STOP THE MADNESS!

'“Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest. All of you, take up My yoke
and learn from Me, because I am gentle and
humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”'
Matthew 11:28-30 https://my.bible.com/bible/72/MAT.11.28-30



WOW! This has to be the craziest time in my lifetime. As the President has said, we are at WAR. With war comes casualties and our entire goal is to win the war and eliminate casualties. Our hearts go out to those that are sick with this terrible epidemic and those on the front lines fighting this. We are ALL in the battle. Yet, even as we are a key piece to fighting the fight, we feel helpless!  What can we do?  If you are like me, you feel you should be able to do something. I see people everywhere contributing to the war efforts. Corporations, mom and pops local businesses, individuals in quarantine, young and old, are all using their great ingenuity to fight.  Stress is at an all time HIGH.  Soon, we will weary of the battle. Soon, we will loose sleep and worrying about our families and friends will drag us down. 

The answer is in the words of Matthew. 

During my EXTRA time at home, (ok, I am retired and have a LOT of extra time), I have been doing more Bible Study and reading. The book I just started really helps answer the stress we are all under right now. The book is:


The author makes a great point that we, as Americans, keep asking for peace. We want to "Get OUT of the Rat Race" but really don't know how. So we keep doing the same thing and hoping something will change. He recommends, simply, don't just FOLLOW Jesus, FOLLOW HIS EXAMPLE, LEARN FROM JESUS, how to live life. He brought up a point I never thought of:  Jesus was NEVER in a hurry.  Even when ALL THOSE AROUND were stressed and frantic, he took the time to pray and share with others. We need to LEARN from that wonderful example and Jump of the TREADMILL of a life of HURRY into the arms of Jesus.

I am not saying the Lord caused this virus, but I believe he is giving us an opportunity to "STOP THE MADNESS" and slow our lives down during our time of LOCK DOWN.  He is FORCING US to step back and get a break.

PLEASE DON'T MISS THE OPPORTUNITY!

Slow down! Take a walk!  Read a BOOK!  Sit quietly with no cell phone, internet, music, tv, or 24/7 COVID 19 news. Spend time with your kids.  Talk to your spouse. Eat dinner around the table. Share a Bible time together. Watch the clouds go by. Listen to the quiet, still small voice of the Lord. 

I kind of stumbled on this as I am trying to lose some weight brought on by my Diabetes. As I have been walking and increasing my STEPS every day, I have had extra time to THINK.  I have decided to take this time and PRAY!  I have also been taking this time to not pray for STUFF, but take time to LISTEN to the LORD. I have been deeply studying the Word. Right now I am studying the life of David in 1st and 2nd Samuel. Stephanie and I have been praying together more, we also have been doing a year long Bible Study together.. WE ARE TRYING TO SLOW DOWN AND FOCUS OUR LIVES ON THE LORD.  What a difference it is making in our lives!  I want that same thing for you!!!

Please do the same thing. The PEACE I have felt through this entire CRISIS has been so evident that the LORD is certainly involved. I am "naturally" a stressed out, worrier and so IF I feel peace, it is obvious it is NOT  from me. Listen to the Lord and he will speak to you, STOP and take some dedicated time to spend with JESUS. NOW IS THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!



No comments: