Thursday, March 5, 2020

Living with the Enemy


'David said to himself, “One of these days
I’ll be swept away by Saul. There is nothing
better for me than to escape immediately
to the land of the Philistines. Then Saul
will stop searching for me everywhere
in Israel, and I’ll escape from him.” ' 1 Samuel 27:1 https://my.bible.com/bible/72/1SA.27.1



The other day, my wife and I attended a Yankee Spring Training game at "Fenway South".  I have to admit, I was a little nervous wearing my Yankee Baseball Cap. That nervousness soon disappeared. We had a great time at a very beautiful ball park. I am not sure the Yankee fans would be a comparable host. I ran into a gentleman yesterday, also a Yankee Fan. Guess where he has lived his entire life?  Yep, Boston. That is REALLY living in enemy territory. I can't even imagine.

I have been studying the life of David. Thus far, I have been reading about the background of his life. As a young man chosen from the pasture to be King, David spent his early life in BOOT CAMP to prepare him to rule Israel. I am so impressed with his WISDOM being so young. He was so loyal to the kingdom and he was more loyal to the God of Abraham. Yet, he spent so much of his time as an "exile" of the kingdom he loved. He had opportunity after opportunity to kill Saul. If he would have taken his small army against Saul, I suspect the warriors of Israel would have quickly defected and followed him. Yet, David was patient.  David even fled to live with his enemy. He patiently waited for the Lord to act. His relationship with God was such that he understood the PLAN. He didn't try to run ahead of God, he knew that with the Power of the Creator of this world would come through in HIS time. He trusted the Lord to protect him EVEN while living with his enemy.

When we believe STRONGLY in the Lord, when we build a relationship with him through prayer, worship, and study, we can EVEN live in the ENEMY CAMP waiting for his perfect will. It's sad to say, we ARE living in ENEMY territory right here and right now. This world, our country, is becoming more openly vicious against followers of Christ. We are under attack. Yet, the very people attacking us are the ones we are told to share the Gospel. We are CALLED to live in Enemy Territory. We are called to serve the KING OF THE PHILISTINES. Like David, we need to find a way to serve others. We need to prepare ourselves for battle. We We need to live by example. We need promote the Gospel message, and love the Lord with all our heart, while we live amongst others that want to see us killed. In all reality, sometimes it is easier to live with the enemy than it is with our own brothers and sisters in Christ. But, that thought is for another time. 

Dear Lord, we know we live in a world that shows growing hostility to your message of hope and love. We know we are called to go into ALL THE WORLD to preach your message. Lord, we ask your protection, we ask your guidance and wisdom as we live in the ENEMY CAMP. Teach us to LOVE OUR ENEMY as you LOVE us. Thank you Lord for our life! Thank you Lord for our wonderful mission and the future we look forward to. Amen!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be finish of mine day, but before ending I am
reading this fantastic article to improve my know-how.

Anonymous said...

Hello, There's no doubt that your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in I.E.,
it has some overlapping issues. I just wanted
to provide you with a quick heads up! Apart
from that, fantastic site!

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
I will bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.

I am quite certain I will learn many new stuff right here!
Good luck for the next!

Anonymous said...

Hi to all, the contents existing at this web site are
actually amazing for people knowledge, well, keep up
the good work fellows.