Tuesday, March 3, 2020

What would I do without her?





'She fell at his feet and said, “The guilt is
mine, my lord, but please let your servant
speak to you directly. Listen to the words
of your servant. '
1 Samuel 25:24 https://my.bible.com/bible/72/1SA.25.24




I love this little story in the middle of 1 Samuel. Abigail was a smart and beautiful lady. She was married to a "jerk" and I am guessing she had to save him several times. Here in this story she had to, literally, save his life. But, she also, without knowing, saved David. He was acting out of pure anger and NOT with the Lord. She kept him from killing Nabal and kept him in good standing with the Lord and the people of Israel. 

David even recognized this 

-'Then David said to Abigail, “Praise to the Lord God of
Israel, who sent you to meet me today! Your discernment
is blessed, and you are blessed. Today you kept me from
participating in bloodshed and avenging myself by my
own hand. Otherwise, as surely as the Lord God of Israel
lives, who prevented me from harming you, if you had not
come quickly to meet me, Nabal wouldn’t have had any
men left by morning light.” '
1 Samuel 25:32-34 https://my.bible.com/bible/72/1SA.25.32-34
I can not tell you the number of times, my lovely wife, Stephanie, has saved me from making a rash decision. I can not tell you how valuable her counsel is to me. She is filled with wisdom and filled with the presence of the Lord. I am sure I can be a JERK just like Nabal, sometimes. Yet, she tolerates me and keeps me moving closer to the Lord. 

The Bible gets a bad wrap when it comes to the way it represents women. I just totally disagree. There are so many great stories like this that show the great value of women and their wonderful leadership in the world. I see it all the time. I see it in churches. I see great women leading our ministry in CMA and I see it in my own life. My daughters and my wife are dedicated women of the Lord and they are filled with the Holy Spirit. They use that for their families. They use that Spirit at their places of employment and they use that Spirit to direct their own lives in the direction of the Lord. I am so thankful for the gift of these women in my life.

I really don't know what I would do without them. 










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I've really loved browsing your blog posts.
After all I will be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!