Saturday, February 15, 2020

Hiding in the Baggage?

'So they asked the Lord , “Where is he?”
And the Lord replied, “He is hiding
among the baggage.” ' 1 Samuel 10:22 https://my.bible.com/bible/116/1SA.10.22




There are some things in the Bible that just make me chuckle! So just after God chose Saul to be the FIRST King of Israel, they took a vote (by casting lots) for Israel to choose their first King. Believe it or not they ALSO chose Saul to be their King. Saul was a big guy and handsome. 

They went to find the King and he was cowering in the baggage. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I am wondering how many wanted to take their vote back?  It just strikes me as hilarious to think of Saul hiding from this huge honor. 

God has called Stephanie and I to serve. Right now we are serving through CMA. We love serving CMA and having a small role in bringing others to the Lord. We are in no way chosen to be KING, but we DO feel so honored to serve wherever the Lord calls us. So many people say we have given up a lot to do what we are doing, traveling the country as FULL-TIME RVers. We just don't feel like we have given up anything. As a matter of fact, we are a little embarrassed how blessed we are. God is using us and we sit back and think, WOW! We can't say we think we are special. We were working a motorcycle event last night and I have to admit I didn't ask as many people as I could about praying with them and blessing their bikes. We are not perfect! We don't always listen to the calling of the Lord. I just feel so sorry for people like Saul. I feel sorry for Christians that NEVER stop "hiding in the luggage". I feel sorry for those that never listen to the guiding of the Holy Spirit. 

Dear Lord, continue to give me a boldness and a supernatural power to get out from behind the fears and worries that keep me from sharing your love. We want nothing more than to serve you and your kingdom. Guide and direct our steps today and every day. Amen!


No comments: