Tuesday, February 18, 2020

It's a sin NOT to pray?

'“As for me, I will certainly not sin against
the Lord by ending my prayers for you.
And I will continue to teach you what is
good and right. ' 1 Samuel 12:23 https://my.bible.com/bible/116/1SA.12.23




This is an interesting verse.  I have never thought of NOT praying as being sinful. But, here it is. Samuel confessing that even though he might have thought about it, he was not going to SIN AGAINST THE LORD by not praying for his people.

Stephanie and I have been spending much more time in prayer together over the past two and a half years. We personally believe it has changed our lives. Sometimes we get busy (like a lot of you) and we forget. Our list of those we pray for just seems to get larger all the time. 

This world needs people to pray. Yes, I would feel WE have some responsibility as this world falls deeper into sin. I know that we do not pray as we should. I know that many times we feel awkward, especially asking others if we can pray for them. I see so many people respond on facebook, or other social media, they will pray for someone. Do they?  We should ALL be in DEEP PRAYER for this world. We owe it to our families, our friends, our communities, our governing officials, and YES our entire world. We ALL need to be in prayer to the Lord for this sinful and fallen world. 

Dear Lord, Please forgive us that we do not come to you in prayer more often. We know that you alone are the answer to all of our problems. We also know that if this world would turn to you, our lives would be eternally blessed. Forgive us Lord for our sins. We Love you and want only to serve you. Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Finding the time and actual
effort to produce a very good article… but
what can I say… I put things off a lot and never seem
to get nearly anything done.