Thursday, February 20, 2020

Panic!

'The men of Israel saw that they were
in trouble because the troops were
in a difficult situation. They hid in
caves, thickets, among rocks, and in
holes and cisterns. ' 1 Samuel 13:6 https://my.bible.com/bible/72/1SA.13.6


As I grow older and older and older and older and ....... (you get the point), I am less prone to panic. I'm not perfect by any means. I still have times I rely on MY OWN STRENGTH instead of the power of my wonderful LORD. But, I am better today than I was yesterday. I will continue to learn more about the perfect power of the Lord and the wonderful plan he has for me. 

These men of Israel were really thrown into a MAJOR PANIC. 

Why?

Well, the Philistines were ruthless. SO much so that they controlled all the Blacksmiths and Iron in the area. The Israelites were fighting with nothing. They literally had NO weapons, 

OR DID THEY? 

This continuing saga between the Philistines and Israel was set up to be a great VICTORY for the Lord. INSTEAD, panic was everywhere. Even Saul, the King, panicked. Samuel had told him he would be there to pray for the Lord to intervene. He couldn't wait. He decided to go against the Laws of the Lord. In all his fear and worry, he did NOT trust in the Lord. His faith was SO WEAK!

I have to admit, I also have been thrown into a terrible panic. I have OFTEN relied on my own strength and power to get myself through tough times. I have lost my patience with the Lord. I am so thankful he has not abandon and given up on my lack of faith. This past summer when we lost the motor in our truck and our vacation with our Granddaughter was in jeopardy, I tried everything I could. But, it was the Lord that put everything together, in his timing. We have had life or death situations where we eventually had to throw up our hands and trust the Lord. The events did not work out as I had planned. It WAS all in God's timing and the older I get, the more I am ok with that.

God has a wonderful plan for each of us. When things go against us and everything looks hopeless, WE MUST RELY 100% ON THE LORD!!!!!!! He alone can defeat any enemy. He provides weapons WAY BEYOND swords and knives. When he fights our battles, WE WILL WIN an OVERWHELMING VICTORY!

Can anything ever separate us from
Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we
have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry,
or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? (As the
Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed
every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.” ) '
'No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is
ours through Christ, who loved us.
Romans 8:35-37 https://my.bible.com/bible/116/ROM.8.35-37

We will earn OVERWHELMING VICTORY if we just let the God of the Universe be OUR GOD. 

Trust in HIM!!!!! 

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!



No comments: