Sunday, July 8, 2012

Justice!


Hebrews 6

New International Version (NIV)
6 -- 10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

I have not written one of these blogs for quite a while, nearly 3 weeks. So, I thought I should get with it. I have been busy completing my Summer Professional Development and traveling to a tech conference (ISTE2012) for educators. I've been busy. AND over that time I have added quite a few people to my PLN (twitter followers). SO, I might have some new readers. If you're coming here to as a PROFESSIONAL EDUCATOR and not interested in this type of BLOG, I apologize. Let me explain how this blog has come about:

For years I have journaled every evening as I studied my Bible. I am a Math Teacher, not a writer. I had always written for myself with the idea that it helped me focus on what I was studying. Somewhere along the line I took a Professional Development Course about Web 2.0 and decided to start BLOGGING. It is scary starting to share your personal thoughts with the WORLD. (Ok, it's not the world, but it seems like it!) But, it has been great for me and I have gotten comments about it, so I have continued.

For those of you who are not believers in Christ, I would love to change your mind, to convince you of the power of Jesus Christ. Even though that would be great, my main purpose for this blog is to just share my life, my struggles, my thoughts, and how being a follower of Christ is embedded in my life. I'm not perfect, my wife and 3 girls can attest to that. But, I am trying to live the life Christ would have me live. Sometimes, I am more successful than at other times.


Hebrews 6:10 -- God is just. God is just. God is just. Many times in my life I have had to repeat these three words to try to convince my weak faith. I have seen so much injustice in the world that I have a tendency to blame God. But, God is just. Why do his followers suffer? Why do "Christians" go through the pain of loss? 


WHY, WHY, WHY? 


It's an age old question with not very good answers. I wish I could give you a wise response. My reward is not here on this Earth. My reward will come later. So, this verse means a lot to me. God will not forget my faithfulness. He won't forget yours either. I will focus on loving him and sharing that love with the people I see every day. I will try to be the type of servant he wants me to be. I want to serve him. I'll worry about the rewards later. It's not easy living in a world filled with injustice. I know many of those injustices are because of our own sinfulness. Sometimes those injustices hurt the innocent. 


I struggle with that. 


But, I have seen God in action in my own life. I know he will bring me through all trials and tribulations. He has been with me through the good and the bad. I trust in his perfect wisdom and his amazing grace. This world is not perfect and I don't understand God's plan. But I DO trust him and love him. I have gotten to the place, I don't need all the answers. I'll leave those answers to him that created the heavens and the earth. He promised not to forget us. I'll rest in that assurance.

No comments: