Sunday, June 24, 2012

Baby Food!


Hebrews 5

New International Version (NIV)
12 ......... You need milk, not solid food! 13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

I love being "Gramps". Yep, I'm only 51 years old but I am proud of my title as "Gramps". I have 5 wonderful grandchildren who all identify me by this important title. I also love being a Gramps. If you're not a grandparent you can't understand. I love to spoil my g-kids. A good example is with my newest grandchild, Rian. She is 6 months old and not eating a lot of solid food. But, she has been exposed to the wonderful taste of ICE CREAM. My daughter is mad at me because she needs to slowly move to solid food from Babys milk. We need to keep it simple.

How true is that of or Faith. We also need to keep our faith simple as we grow into mature followers. We need to study God's word, develop our own faith grounded in prayer, study, and fellowship. Not until we mature do we need to "eat more solid food". We need to be cautious of avoiding sin and satans traps. We need to cautious about being exposed to unhealthy relationships. We need to take baby steps as God leads us. 

Lord, Thank You for your grace which is made perfect in you. Thank You for guiding my life and taking me from babys milk to solid food directly from you. Protect me from the evil one. Protect me from my own sinfullness. I love you and praise where you have brought me. In your precious Holy Name, Jesus, Amen!

No comments: