Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Joy is Complete Face-to-face NOT Facebook!

I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete. (2 John 1:12 NIV84) 

 It seems like such a new problem, but it's not. The tools might have changed from paper-and-ink to keyboard-and-screen, but people have not changed. The apostle Paul would have been a blogger, but he knew that his best ministry was done face to face. This holds true today more than ever before. Just as a true friend is not defined by Facebook, spreading the gospel doesn't mean writing a blog to a faceless crowd.
I love technology, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and a multitude of other technology innovations. It is technology that got me more focused in my daily study as a follower of Christ. I love how many of my family and friends also share their daily spiritual thoughts. But, writing a blog, posting some verses on Facebook, or following an online Bible Study is not enough. We have to have "boots on the ground" and soldiers who will take their faith to the front lines. You can't just be a Sunday Christian. You can't just sit at home and expect to SHARE the greatest message man has ever known. Our Joy is only complete when we build face to face relationships. Our mission is only achieved when we talk and walk with others face to face, hand in hand, or shoulder to shoulder.

Go into all the world. See the face of God!

No comments: