Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Old or Bold!


1 John 4

New King James Version (NKJV)
17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 

I am nearly 52 years old. Some days I feel older than others. When i get "crazy" busy, I often think, "I'm getting too old for this." Other days i feel like I'm just hitting my prime.  I went to Cedar Point a few weeks ago. I used to love roller coasters. But, my aging body, doesn't quite take them like it used to. After a day full of Roller Coasters, I certainly thought and my body reminded me, "I'm getting to old for this!" I have many of those same feelings with my Christian walk.

Sometimes I feel so ON-FIRE for Christ. I feel bold. I feel the Holy Spirit is so near and other days, so far away. I feel old and weary. 

God is consistent. He's the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. His Love endures forever. I'm the one who's not the same. If my Faith is like a roller coaster, it has nothing to do with God. My faith or lack of faith is my own, it's my own sinfulness. As I go through my every day life, I need to work to stay focused and bold for him. I need to pray. I need to study his word and I need to be bold in my witness for him. Focus! It's simple and hard at the same time!

Dear Lord, Help me to be consistently on fire about your grace and love. Help me to be bold for you in this world. Forgive me for my weakness. Forgive me for my "oldness". I Love you and am blessed by you and the grace you show me. Thank You Lord, Praise your Holy name!

No comments: