Friday, March 16, 2012

Just Pray!

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:14-19 NIV)


I love to pray. I keep a prayer list to help remind me of those I want to pray for. I love getting prayer requests from our church and try hard to honor my involvement by truly praying for these requests. I have seen in my own life the absolute, amazing power of prayer. I have seen true miracles through prayer. I can look over all 51+ years of my life and give you example after example of God's faithfulness and Grace.

But, I am not a good prayer. I know so many people who just know exactly the right thing to say. Or better yet, I know people who the spirit has given the gift of public prayer. I do believe it's a gift. I know some people who are so self conscious of "How" they pray, they never pray publicly.This prayer of Paul's, to the Ephesians, is really beautiful. My prayers never sound like that. I am the perfect example that you don't have know all the right words. You don't have to be eloquent for God to honor your prayer and answer them. I am so thankful for that. I have gotten over being self-conscious about my prayers. I just love talking to the Lord.

God knows our hearts. He knows our prayers before we utter a single word. The words and the act is not important. We are given the gift of being able to converse with the God of the Universe. He WANTS us to come to him. He doesn't care how we do it. He just cares that we do it.

How do you feel about prayer? Do you avoid prayer because you don't know the right words? Just pray. It doesn't matter how. Just Pray. You don't have to be a biblical scholar. Just Pray. You don't have to be educated. Just Pray. Kings, Politicians, Lawyers,Teachers, Factory Workers, Moms, Dads, Teens, Children, Unemployed, Homeless, it doesn't matter who, Just Pray. Just Pray, JUST PRAY!

No comments: