Sunday, March 11, 2012

I used to live there!


Ephesians 2

 1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 


I am not too far away from where I once was. Those of you who profess to be Christians know what I'm talking about. It has been more than 35 years since I gave my life to Christ. But, my actions and life haven't moved that far. You would think after 35 years, my sinful past would be a distant memory. Even though I have changed and continue to change for the better, I am still a sinner in need of the grace only God can give. 


God is changing me. He is working his perfect work in me but I am certainly not there yet. I still must rely on his great love, his rich mercy, and his grace. It's easy for me to forget where I've been and how far I have to go. I'm not the person I want to be and I can not wait for Christ to complete his work in me. Until then, I need to help others make the transition and begin the journey toward Christ. I want to take all I can with me. I need to have the same mercy and grace for the lost, that Christ has shown me. I am not better. I used to live where they are living right now. I have just accepted the perfect gift and have begun the journey. I just want them to accept the same gift and to begin that journey.

No comments: