Monday, July 6, 2020

We PRAISE him for it ALL!

PART VIII - CHAOS to PEACE

We had a great time at the North Rim and headed toward the South Rim. BUT FIRST, we had to make a stop in Page, Arizona to get a new tent. I really spent time researching what we wanted and read all the reviews for our new tent. Not only was the tent awesome, it went up SO FAST. Kallee and Hannah thought there was NO WAY we could put the tent up in the 2 minutes advertised. BUT, we were close. (My watch had us making it in 2 minutes. THEY might dispute that!)

We never took a picture. Here is the advertised pic on their website.


On the short trip from Kaibab, we were able to make a stop at Horseshoe Bend and the Glen Canyon Dam. I have always been partial to the Red Rocks from this area. They are so awe inspiring.








We camped just outside Williams, Arizona and really enjoyed the campground. They had everything, from a great morning breakfast, to tons of things to do. Although we couldn't get the girls to take a ride on the train through the park, they seemed to have a lot of fun.





The trip to the South Rim was great and touring Williams Arizona was fun. Williams is a RT 66 town. We were able to watch fireworks here and enjoyed being tourists!











Life is not always CHAOS. These days in Williams and on the South Rim were great and a much needed rest.  On July 6th we headed out to Phoenix to get the girls on a plane to head back to Indiana. Our original plan was to take the long trip back home, but since we were uncertain about the deadline for repairing the TRUCK, we decided to get them home. The flights were pretty reasonable and they were excited about the flight.

We stayed near the Airport and had our last meal with the Girls at In-n-Out burgers. For some crazy reason, it was a request of these two awesome young ladies.



Stephanie and I were absolutely blessed to share this trip with Kallee and Hannah. God watched over us the entire way. Yes, we had some problems, but that is what every ADVENTURE is about!  We loved the rest and relaxation over the last several days of our trip with them. 

But, Stephanie and I had more time and stress ahead of us. 

Now that the girls were gone our focus was getting back to Denver to pick up the truck and head to the rest of our planned adventures for 2019.


Isn't it great that our Lord knows when we need rest, when and how much turmoil and stress we can take. I have always felt his presence and feel he is working hard to teach me patience and trust in him. If my life was not filled with SOME Calamity or challenge, I am SURE I would not grow like I have. God is working constantly to make be a better person and a better servant. I know myself enough to know my greatest time of growth is in the valleys of life and NOT on the mountain top. SO, I praise him for it ALL. 


No comments: