Friday, December 1, 2017

Standing in the Gap

““I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn’t have to destroy the land, but I found no one.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭22:30‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/ezk.22.30.nlt

Much has been written about the infamous wall promised by President Trump. But walls are not new and walls are important to the protection of the people inside the country, or home. It is completely irresponsible to not take all possible action to protect yourself or your country. We need to build literal walls and virtual walls to protect our nation from those that have pledged to destroy us. I can't understand any argument against protecting ourselves. I can't understand anyone that accepts the violators of our laws with open arms. If the laws aren't fair, change them. If we keep out those innocents that need our protection then change the law, don't ignore it.

This verse struck a chord with me, especially considering the announcement of the acquittal of Kate Stinle's murderer. As a Christian I value the rule of law. I value the leadership of those willing to protect our country, my state, and my community. I need those that are willing to sacrifice themselves for the protection of all we value. Unfortunately, great leaders are so hard to find. The sadness that power breeds corruption is so evident in our leaders. I believe, maybe innocently, that their intent is good when they pursue leadership. But as they grow in power, it corrupts their vision. They forget their original calling and they no longer stand in the gap.

Can we not find great leaders that will stand in the gap for us? Is there no one out there to sacrifice their lives for our protection? Lord send them to us. We need them now!

No comments: