Monday, December 18, 2017

Boldness - The Good and The Bad!

“I never shrank back from telling you what you needed to hear, either publicly or in your homes. I have had one message for Jews and Greeks alike—the necessity of repenting from sin and turning to God, and of having faith in our Lord Jesus.”
‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭20:20-21‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/act.20.20-21.

I have several character flaws. I’m not going to list all of them, I don’t have that kind of time. But, I share Paul’s boldness. It’s not always a positive trait. Paul was bold about sharing the message of Christ. He was focused on that singular message. I wish I could say that were always true about me. I am pretty blunt and don’t mix words. It can get me in trouble. I have been trying to be less bold. I have been quieter. I have bit my tongue do much in the past 7 months, it might fall off!  I am sure I have said this a thousand times before. If I don’t have anything good to say, I just won’t say anything at all. Reminding myself of that is critical nearly every moment during the day.

Lord, help me use my boldness for your purposes. Help me be a good witness for you and your kingdom. I want nothing more than to be a strong servant to bring others to your saving grace. I love you Lord. Forgive me for the times I forget to focus on you and your message of Love. If it weren’t for your mercy and grace, I would be lost forever. Amen!


No comments: