Friday, March 1, 2013

This is the winning side!

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. (2 Corinthians 10:4 NIV)

In all honesty, I don't feel like I'm in a battle. I have read, many times, that we Christians are in a battle with Satan. Some churches really emphasize our weaknesses and the battle of the flesh. Maybe I don't feel at war because the victory has already been won for me. The battle is not of this world and it is not fought with "traditional" weapons. Jesus Christ has won the battle for me and, even on this Earth, the power of  evil has no hold on me. The divine power of the creator of the universe  has demolished the enemy and I happen to be on the winning side! Praise God for his mercy, grace, and protection!

No comments: